Tauranga's most affordable, quality, central accommodation option is the ASURE Harbour View Motel. Location is one of the most important aspects to consider when travelling for business or pleasure to Tauranga. ASURE Harbour View Motel is one of the few central Tauranga Motel accommodation options within a short walk to the city centre. Should you wish to launch our “free” kayaks, we are located 40 meters off the water’s edge of Tauranga’s inner harbour. The popular Memorial Park & Queen Elizabeth Youth & Sports Centre is just 400 meters away, also home to a heated swimming pool (summer), children’s playground and miniature railway.
Central to Tauranga Restaurants, Supermarket and the popular Waterfront restaurant precinct of Strand Street are just a 5-10 minute walk from the Motel. ASURE Harbour View Motel is known for the efficient and friendly service of your hosts Bronwyn and Kathie at their newly renovated and charming establishment.
We are proud members of ASURE Accommodation Group.
In true Kiwi spirit, the ASURE Accommodation Group was set up with solid values by passionate people to ensure all guests fully experience its fantastic hospitality.
Tiaki means to care for people, place and culture.
New Zealand is precious, and everyone who lives and travels here has a responsibility to look after it. The Tiaki Promise is a commitment to care for New Zealand, for now and for future generations.
By following the Tiaki Promise, you are making a commitment to New Zealand. To act as a guardian, protecting and preserving our home.
Nau mai, haere mai ki Aotearoa. Welcome to New Zealand.
By following the tiaki promise we are all making a commitment to Aotearoa, to act as guardian, protecting and preserving our kianga (home /community)
At ASURE Harbour View Motel we welcome all guests who visit our beautiful land to embrace and follow the tiaki New Zealand promise to guard, protect and preserve New Zealand
Nau mai, haere mai Aotearoa welcome to New Zealand
Sustainability at ASURE Harbour View Motel
Our sustainable tourism team is actively working towards new initiatives and reducing our Carbon Footprint. If you wish to comment on our current initiatives or have new idea’s please notify our reception staff on your departure.
We hope you leave the ASURE Harbour View Motel knowing your support helps us maintain the lovely environment we live in.
- Staff are fully trained in energy saving practices (turning off lights and equipment where necessary)
- LED bulbs used in all areas
- Hot water cylinders set to 55 degrees
- Air conditioning system maintained to ensure efficient use.
- Energy efficient appliances used
- Hot water cylinders and pipes insulated.
- Suites are insulated to reduce heat loss
- Sleep mode is installed on all computers along with LCD screen monitors
- All computers and equipment in offices are switched off when not in use
- Guest given the option to not have room serviced and towels changed daily
- Staff are encouraged to walk, cycle or carpool to work
- All rooms fully insulated
- Full recycling system in place - Glass, Cardboard, Tins, Aluminium, Paper and Plastic
- Bulk ordering done in all departments to avoid excess packaging – packaging returned to supplier for recycling
- Limited printing of emails, reservations, and general paperwork
- Recycled paper used for note paper, internal printing and where appropriate
- Garden waste, leaves and grass is used where possible to create our own compost
- Eco friendly cleaning products for minimum impact on environment
- We recycle soft plastic by taking that waste to Countdown
- Dual flush systems on toilets in all our bathrooms.
- Maintenance manager checks for leaks in taps, toilets, valves and pipework on a weekly basis
- Limited water used in cleaning all windows
As a community we also support:
- Offering employment to local residents when possible
- Commitment from staff to follow all environmental initiatives in place
- We aim to purchase products from local suppliers
- We support local business by promoting their attractions and activities through reception
- Involvement with the sustainable business practice group
- Dedicated sustainable tourism webpage on our website